About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, September 25, 2008

life safari 09-25-08

this picture reminds me of my "magnifying mind." My blog entry two days ago was the culmination of problems that have built up at work. My boss did not err in my paycheck although, he certainly understood why I thought he had. Our company is now holding out about one month's pay. Because we are paid on the 5th and 20th of the month, the divide grows with time. The check was correct - it was the last two weeks of August's pay.
I said a lot of things in anger the other day on my blog.
I have since made my amends to those that were due. Even one that was due me. Peace at any cost has begun to be a good idea to me.

In light of what is happening in the world, my problems seem very small and shallow. This is my "magnifying mind" that blows them up to huge deals. Part of it is selfishness. Part is "it's all about me."
It is a time when discretion and prudence is in order. Also, as my boss pointed out to me, stress causes many illnesses of the body.

I am making new strides to remain calm, look at things from more than one angle(how it affects me) and getting back to those Spiritual activities that help me stay calm and grateful.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

the cooler temperatures
cool days this weekend. I have alot of work to do in the yard
Precious - she is just the coolest cat !
relief from co-worker, Ambesajer, from 5 pm - 7pm. Because of his good attitude I don't have to work 11 hours lately
that Theresa's Galveston house was not destroyed
that a friend from the building across the street from my work shared her news that her ex-husband had shot himself
My heart goes out to you, Jenna and your sons. He is in a better place
God's Grace
thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

No comments: