About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Monday, September 22, 2008

life safari 09-22-08

I am so upset regarding my job, boss, *rude co-worker and situations surrounding work that I am absolutely almost out the door. I have worked 89.0 hours the past two weeks and I got paid for 57.5 on this check. Now, my boss has the timecards in his hand to turn into payroll. How does one miss that many hours? 29 of those shorted hours is overtime. When I start getting shorted money on a job, I start looking for other work - my last employer (Good Neighbor Cleaners) still owes me over $ 300.00. Of course, they went "belly-up" due to incompetency, (Debbie).

*Rude is not all this guy is. He's a constant complainer who does not want a solution for any of his complaints. In fact, I have tried to help him solve several of his problems and have gotten kicked in the teeth for my efforts (figuratively). No, as soon as someone steps up to the plate and helps, he starts backing away and keeps people at an arms length. So, just keep whining and suffering ye co-worker. You wore me out. Not to mention talking to me like a dog when you are unable to handle your work load (in your head). I say, a Shrink and some anti-depressants would do you a world of good.

I want to feel grateful but, I hate to say, I dread going to my work. Had my co-worker "gotten the message" about being polite, cordual and professional in his actions and words, it would not be such a drugery. But, since he is allowed to continue his BS, I will dread going to my job.

My goal is to make a radical change-however that looks. And, to find out how in the hell someone can short an employee that many hours in time when they have the hard copy of the timecard in their hand !?!?

No more excuses and no prisoners in Westchase.

1 comment:

dAAve said...

I hope to see you at TLC soon.