About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, September 7, 2008

life safari 09-07-08

Sunday is almost over and a new work week begins. I have been working both shifts at my job because my co-worker quit without notice. This is the third occasion that I have had to cover both shifts in 2 1/2 years (daily, I mean).

I have listened to interviews of the candidates for President of the U.S.A. and neither tells HOW they intend (Specifics here, please) to get the cart and ox out of the ditch ! Talk is cheap guys and gals.

Now it looks like the tax payers have to bail out the auto industry and mortgage industry. We will not have a budget to balance very soon.

Obama stamers and says "uuh, uuh, uuh FAR TO MUCH FOR MY EARS. Spit it out !

I know John McCain was a POW. I know he was put through torture that we can not imagine.

I am a HOTHEAD. Hotheads DO NOT make good managers or Presidents. But, neither do people who want to talk to get problems ironed out. First, we're dealing with people who absolutely hate us and everthing we (Americans) stand for. Most are not God fearing Christians. Most probably lie and will tell us what they think will get us off their backs and do whatever they are already doing in secret.

I have seen nothing yet that attracts my vote. Palin is an interesting choice, for sure. I like her. She can probably do a better than decent job in Washington but, I don't like her willingness to forfeit the Alaskan Tundra to drilling. Those who have been to Alaska all agree that, that great state IS the last United States pristine wilderness. And I wish it to stay that way !

Biden is about the only one in this frey that I wait to hear more from at this point. Palin had not been announced when he took his turn at their convention.

I am getting fed up with paying the bill for all these private and government agencies that are going under. We can not, on any level of government, keep heading the way we are and have been.

Look at Houston. Our roads and streets are in horrible shape. Our drainage is deplorable. We have too many people on the corners of every intersection needing help. Yardmen blow all the yard clippings into the center of the streets and leave it to go into sewers or back to the curbs(not to mention the eyesore it creates) - who cares?

I am Grateful that televisions have "on" and "off" buttons
I am Grateful for God's Loving Grace
I am Grateful for Precious and her precious cat ways
I am Grateful to be an American where I can say what I think
I am angry and I'm not going to take it anymore !

No comments: