About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, September 12, 2008

life safari 09-12-08


Ike Friday.

Well, Precious and I will just be laying around the house today. There is a skeleton crew at our building for a few of our "AllBidness" clients and a small crew for keeping our building and them in good condition through the storms.

My cell phone battery happened to die on me last night. I sit here this morning wondering if anything is opened today. I would like to deposit my pay check and buy a batter for the phone. I guess I'll venture out toward the bank and just see if they are opened a half day today.

I am now working a shift of 8:00 am to 5:oo pm with one hour for lunch. And, NO MS LATE NIGHTS ANY MORE!!!!!!! Yeah.

I was saddened by the fact that Ike got all attention and no mention of the terror of 9-11-01 was made. The hurricane isn't even here yet. I have grown weary of all this coverage of these storms. When they develop, every foot they move is all over the news now. It has gotten to be over-kill any more.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

that I do not live on the gulf beach
Precious and I have each other to huddle with when Ike comes in
that I have a day of rest today after all those crazy double shifts and new schedule BUT, it is cutting out much of my over-time that I lost so much sleep to earn
that my AA friends and family are all doing well
to be able to shelter in my home and not a shelter
God's Grace
Precious
coffee and soup to eat, cooked on my Coleman stove. My camp toilet if I need it and a hurricane lamp. Batteries. Battery powered tv amd radio - awesome. Precious and I are ready !

Love you all. Stay safe and, you are in my prayers and thoughts. Love you, me
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: