About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Saturday, August 30, 2008

life safari 08-30-08

Well, once again a co-worker has up and quit her job with no notice. This means there will be days/evenings of working both shifts for me -yet again.

I am already at my ropes end with what is going on over there - MS and all their unannounced meetings several times, some weeks. At times I'm still in that booth at 9:30 pm waiting on two people to finish visiting after their meeting is over ! (Get a table at Denny's !)

This, however, gives me an opportunity to get off the night shift. If, and it's a big if, the process is handled right by my higher-up. I am at the point where, if I have to quit to get off of the night shift, then that may be my only way out. I will, however give a notice.

I am stepping out of my routine this morning and not mowing the yard. Going running around with Frank and looking forward to the change. Sometimes being consistent and taking care of responsibilities leads to a rut. I am in one about now.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

to be alive and well this morning
that Precious is alive and well too. We're all here together one more day
that I look forward to doing something out of my routine today
that I watched the movie Gentleman's Agreement last night. Had not seen it in some years
that I will watch Exodus tonight
for Monday off - praise God for one more day away from Briar Park
for an interesting pick in Vice President for McCain. I don't think his choice of a woman will help him now, however
I can only imagine what Hillary is thinking
My prayers are with all those folks who are in the path of Gustov. We may be getting our first hurricane in some years
May God Bless everyone and keep us all safe
thank YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

I hope your job situation works itself out.
Let's keep our fingers crossed regarding the storm.