About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, August 29, 2008

life safari 8-29-08


Wow, did you ever feel like this ? A well-meaning friend tries to show his/her love to you but knocks the breath out of you in the process?

Here we are, another big storm bearing down on the coast. The anniversary of Katrina and the horrifying devastation in New Orleans and else-where. Who suspected 3 years ago? A woman in my building got 10 feet of water in her house. She of course moved here afterward. I find myself wondering if she relives the horror of Katrina every time there is a storm in the gulf. I imagine she does.

I am miffed about the way in which America views itself in relation to the rest of the world. The situation over Georgia and Russia has caused me to question so much. I was very encouraged to see an editorial in Sunday's (Aug. 24) that stated my case. Thank goodness I am not the only one who sees the things that we are doing as, well, strange and somewhat lopsided and twisted. I could put it in stronger terms but, I will refrain.

Let's just sufice to say that, in the above photo, The puppy may represent America and the cat, the rest of the world. We mean well...(?)

I am Grateful and Thankful that...

I believe I have made up my mind about who I want to see lead this nation
I pray for a kinder, gentler attitude for myself today
God's Grace doesn't cease when I am not in the best of moods and temperment
that I am very bored with my job right now. I need a real vacation
I look forward to a good breakfast, shopping spree at the Farmer's Market and socializing with my friend Frank tomorrow
that Precious and I are alive and well and together
that today is Friday and Monday I'm off
Oh Happy Day !!
Thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

No comments: