About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, December 16, 2007

life safari #160

What a wonderful Saturday after Frank and I got out of town.
Houston was really socked in weather-wise for our trip to Chappell Hill.
It wasn't too far west and we got out of the bad weather and into beautiful sunshine and hills.
Went to have Christmas with Hawk and Dell and to Round Top for a concert.
Had a great lunch at Purcell's in Brenham (their fried catfish is the BEST), met Rachel the new puppy and played with she and Joyce.
Had a fun window shopping trip in down the road from the concert. The day and evening were relaxing and full of fun.

I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

we got out of town for awhile
Frank and I had a good talk on the trip up
Good food, Good weather, Good music, Good company - Sweet !!
have spent the day at home. Cracked pecans and roasted them for Frank
watched the movie Jesus of Nazareth
ate some good tomato/basil soup
checked out my friend's blogs
watching television and...
spending my evening in meditation and prayer
Precious
God's Grace

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Sounds like a very nice day for ya'll. More to come.