About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, July 29, 2007

life safari #45

Thank you MC for stopping by and commenting. Hope to hear from you again.

I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

a wonderful AA birthday celebration last night -lots of years of sobriety
fellowship and dinner with a new friend
I look forward to us getting to know each other better over time
the respect for other's that the program of AA has given me
that I enjoy the differences in people today - I am NOT the norm (ideal) I compare/judge other's with today
I dabbled in smoking again and finally last night, it was such a struggle to breathe, I tore up that pack - this is it. I will work the steps on that bad boy.
the Power of prayer
Precious has finally forgiven me for taking her time with me away and replaced her time on this computer
I love it when she rests on my chest and lets me pet her ! Welcome back my Precious !
I will not be so occupied again. I must appreciate her now.
A relaxing Sunday - I have no plans or want any
God's Grace and Miracles

Thank YOU

3 comments:

dAAve said...

I will say a little booster prayer for you on the cigarette thing.
If you really want it, it shall happen. I know this to be true.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for the mention. I struggled mightily with smoking for a long time. It is now 16 years!?!?! since I have smoked which is nearly inconceivable to me!

Scott W said...

Good luck with the non-smoking thing. One thing that helped me when I quit was to speak with so many that had quit, people I couldn't imagine smoking. Like Hiller and Bob.