About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Sunday, March 1, 2009

life safari - Sunday, March 1st

I know Jill thinks I have absolutely lost my last marble. I wrote her an E-mail and started it by saying..."happy April the 1st." There may be no hope for my little pea brain.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

God, my higher power
a wonderful celebration of sobriety last night
that February is over and we are getting closer to warmer weather
for my friends and loved ones
for Precious. My house-mate
that I finally got music loaded into my new cell phone
that because I didn't give up, I can now enjoy my efforts of the above
I am happy that, when I want something, I persevere
for the Grace of God
to be sober, clean and smoke-free and,
the courage of one celebrant to talk about her quitting her anti-depressants. I have had pretty much the same experience she had. And, as she related, when I was on them - I defininately needed them. It is nice to be able to do with out and have a different life.

thank YOU

3 comments:

Scott W said...

I loved hearing Jeff R say you answered the phone when he called Lambda. When he related the conversation I could hear your voice in his words. That's what it's about.

dAAve said...

Happy Easter!! (my little rabbit)

peanut said...

Thanks Scott. Jeff is such a wonderful person and so glad he made that call. And, I'm glad I answered that call.

And you, dAAve, My world would be so boring without your humor, warped as it is at times - I love it and you !

Both a' yous !!!!!!