About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, November 20, 2008

life safari 11-20-08

Another beautiful day (somewhat foggy) and, it's payday. Hopefully the boss will remember to go pick up our checks.

I seem to have been in a place of fantasy for awhile. Although friends and loved ones tried to shed light on the issues, I would have none of it. Now, upon digging into research on my own, I find that what they were trying to tell me, is in fact, what I have discovered in my research.

The subject has to do with the Bible and religion. I have many questions for my Sponsor and now have ears to hear what he has to say. Unlike in times past.

Now, I get to find a place where I can be comfortable - in my own skin, in the manner in which I want to worship, and begin anew - with eyes and heart open to new ways of thinking and living.

It amazes me how silly (sheepish) I feel regarding these matters. However, I am not going to dwell on this point. I am going to ask, listen, dig, read as much as possible, as I have done, and carve out a space for myself that is comfortable and workable.

I feel like a new person this morning. Last evening I felt like I had been hit with a frying pan.
(good to have a hard head sometimes).

It is Thursday and a good day to be alive !

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for the love and patience of my friends/loved ones
for work and paydays
that Precious is an awesome cat and lives with me
for an awakening that sets me on a new path
to realize that it's all about The Love

No comments: