About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

life safari 11-12-08

Good morning. Houston has been getting some daily rain - we have needed some.

I don't know why or when I decided this but 12 is my favorite number. It's even, it's nice and big - soothing to my eyes. It sounds good when said -twelve - nice !

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

to be alive another day
that I am healthy
I am sober, clean and smoke-free
I live with a cat that is the most Precious thing that owns me
to have plans for the weekend - something out of the ordinary
to be able to feel pain for a friend as she faces the impending death of a beloved pet
that I have been privileged to know Lucy - a wonderful Golden Retriever
We will still have our Rosie, Lucy's pal. Rosie went through some hairy physical trials in the past as well (another awesome Golden Retriever)
the Grace of God - without which I am toast
thank YOU

I would like to mention :
Houston lost our little 2 year old elephant at the Houston Zoo Sunday. It was unexpected, fast and very devastating to all the Zoo personnel
One of many elephants we have lost to herpesvirus in our history - very unfortunate. Not a "sexual" cause of the virus. As a matter of fact, humans carry this virus in our body. No one knows what sets it off.

You were well loved and will be greatly missed, Mac !

No comments: