About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

life safari 10-8-08


Wednesday ! I am excited that we are in the middle of this week and moving toward the end.


It is quite cool out this morning, almost chilly, in fact.


Hearing about the antics of the CEO of AIG and their luxurious expenditures after our "tax-payer" retirement funds went to bail them out has left a real bad taste in my mouth.


This kind of lack of respect and regard for the "little people" is what turns me off. These banks that are buying up other banks that have succumbed to failure -they'll be looking for a bailout too. How does buying someone else's bad debts keep one solvent? Greed and more greed is what it says to me.


I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...


I am not having to borrow any money at this time

my weekend is going to be laid back but getting things done that I have been putting off

the weather is getting cooler

I got a good physical health report yesterday. Now I just need to get a better mental health going for myself

the encouragement that I CAN start taking life's problems less to heart

through a little book written by a Priest, I can relate that part of my problems stem from the "it's all about ME" syndrome

the mind can make one sick. My mind can make me sick (physically)

no more of that business. Starting today, I take things with a grain of salt, nothing is worth getting so upset that I have a heart attack over and, I breathe more often. That's right, breathe

my mind doesn't seem to understand that word B R E A T H E - a new concept

Precious - as Akannie commented, I am fortunate to have Precious in my life. Yes, Akannie, I am indeed. What a joy she is !

God's Grace. God's Patience. God's Forgiveness. God's Mercy.

thank YOU

1 comment:

Akannie said...

Yippee!!

Sometimes we forget about things like stepping back and BREATHING.
The world is nuts.
It's hump-day! C'mon weekend!