About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

life safari 10-21-08


Happy Tuesday morning. It is another beautiful day in H-Town.
I got paid yesterday, the last of all those crazy long hours I worked for a few weeks. Glad I'm back to my old shift hours again.
Sunday, I was invited and attended the Houston Grand Opera. Saw two one-act operas and enjoyed them both. The second opera I like better but only because it was set in the 1940's.

Also, this Friday I am leaving work early to attend a Taize prayer service at the Villa de Matel Chapel. I really look forward to this. Frank tells me that the chapel is beautiful. I have seen the grounds of the Villa. I know it is very peaceful and pretty.
The Villa de Matel is the Sisters of Charity of the incarnate Word retirement home. It has a Grotto on the premises that I long to go sit in one of these days. Perhaps on another outing at the grounds.

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful...

for this Precious gift pictured above that brings me joy and happiness
that the weather is so special right now
to have a job that lets me be sort of "out in the gorgeous day"
for God's Grace
Thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Akannie said...

Sounds like a beautiful day is on it's way!

I'm making apple butter today!