About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Saturday, February 2, 2008

life safari 2008 (20)

Happy Saturday everybody !! It is a banner day weather-wise and otherwise.

Rosie is home and Trish, Lucie and Rosie are doing much better now that they are all alive and back as a family. I am very thankful for Rosie's daily recovery. Poor little Lucie shows the strain of missing Rosie while she was gone (to that wonderful Vet. College - A & M) and the worry is still on her lettle face in in her eyes. But, all are happy and resting well.

Trish is one of the most awesome women I know. I have known her for years but, not being very mature for years, I am now seeing her anew and appreciate her beautiful Spirit.
Trish is a remarkable hair stylist, cutter, colorer and waxer. Many of my aquaintances go to her for her work. The other think about Trish is that she is such an informed person. She has always been an activist in so many, many causes. She is a woman way ahead of her time in many ways. In other ways she has lead others, such as myself, to begin to get actively dedicated to making a difference in our world and for people around us.

I expressed a cause I was trying to get off the ground and guess who was the first to get donations for that cause? You guessed it - Trish ! Thank you Trish and the two Dentists who were so gracious to contribute.

I have determined that a few of us who enjoy singing should form a loose group for an choir to go to Nursing homes and hospitals to lift our voices for God through song. My thoughts are to sing acappella. Just a loose, love to sing for the heck-of-it group. If any of you are interested, please let me know.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for Frank and his wonderful, loving sponsorship - he has his hands full, you know (teehee)
that Rosie, Lucie and Trish are a happy family again
Rosie is resting well and recovery is coming along
to be sober, clean and smoke-free
that it is my 58th birthday today and a splendid weather-day
for the gifts from Frank and Trish - Thank you two for your love and peaceful demeanor for soooo many years
for the beautiful and peacefulness of the Lambda Center now. If you have not been there lately, go by and see what I mean
for my sweet Precious. Every day I get to enjoy her love and company is a blessing
When I see upsetting things during the day, I go right in the house at night and pick her up and hold her tight. Then I feel better
for the gift of faith today
that tomorrow is Sunday and Mass at 11:00 am
for the longevity in AA. I am the person I am today because of AA and my family there
that I get to enjoy getting older and the level-headedness getting older brings
God's Grace and patience with me-that is Salvation today (His patience)
thank YOU

2 comments:

Scott W said...

The changes at Lambda are just getting started. David has agreed to supervise the redecorating, and we are starting an adopt-a-chair to recover or replace the chairs. You can even get your name painted in gold on the bottom of your chair! ha!

And the office is now a real office with a storage room next door.

dAAve said...

Happy 58th Birthday.
You don't look a day over ___ (you pick the number, I'll get in trouble).