About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Friday, November 2, 2007

life safari #125

Happy Friday !

Had a wonderful experience yesterday. While honoring my Departed Souls, I had the pleasure of hearing a woman sing (softly) her prayers. She had a lovely voice and was barely audible. It was uplifting, not only for myself but, for the souls of those being remembered on the Alter in that room. I had the pleasure of talking to her and telling her how much hearing her touched me.

All Souls Day:
the opportunity to gather pictures of my loved ones who have passed on and put a collage together helped me to honor and mourn their passing. Some of those have been out of my physical life for many years. Some, very recently. The experience availed me a chance to think of them all in a loving, sorrowful manner. Some, I never grieved fully because I was too devastated at the time of their death.
I have a different attitude regarding death today. Not that I do not miss these folks, but I know today, that we will meet again one day.

I am Grateful and Thankful...
to be alive another day
to be sober, clean and smoke-free
for the Blessings, Grace and changes I am making
for God's Grace
for those who have touched my life in the past and in the present,
I love YOU

1 comment:

dAAve said...

Thanks for posting.