About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

life safari 11-26-08

Thank you Lord for the beauties of Nature all around me. I feel closest to God when I am enjoying the sights and sounds of the living things - animals, birds, plants, flowers...

Today, I am Grateful and Thankful for/that...

I am alive to see and hear the beauty right in my own yard
to be sober, clean and smoke-free another day
another day without some unwelcome chaos
that Precious is in my life
that all of you that read this are in my life - well, we all know of one exception (the chaos I refered to)
the day off tomorrow and possibly Friday too
to sit at the dinner table with my family tomorrow and enjoy their company and good food
for the Grace of God - I am coming out of one more "dry" periods of spirituality
I may have finally put to rest my doubts regarding my beliefs
the knowledge that no one can go through my trials for me
for this beautiful weather
to be alive and well
thank YOU

1 comment:

Findon said...

Unwelcome chaos!! I found half a pork pie under my carseat this morning. I have no idea how it got there. A little less chaos would be most welcome. Thanks for the post