About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

life safari 8/13/08


Dear Dave,

what a huge loss - know that I feel your pain. I just became aware of your mother's passing. She is with other's whom we have had to bid farewell to. She is out of pain and nearer to God now. Her soul is resting in peace.

I have fond memories of the night of your first AA birthday. I was fortunate to sit with her and talk and laugh with her. She loved you so much and was so very proud of your sobriety.

We are strong people and our parents knew we would do the hard things that were in their best interests.

I have come to realize that the harder things are asked of the strongest ones. Also, the ones who love us most depend on our ability to stay the course.

You have one more Guardian Angel. The one who knows and loves you the most.

You and Pat are in my prayers, Dave. I'm sorry I did not know of the Memorial service sooner. I will pay my respects here at the house and keep you both in my prayers. Especially at Mass this Sunday.

God Bless you, kathy
Posted by Picasa

No comments: