About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, July 24, 2008

life safari 7/24/08

what a couple of weeks ! had to put my car in the shop last Friday. I was blessed that it died in my driveway and I was not stranded out somewhere.

after all I had that needed to be fixed, I'll be driving this car another few years. Things just cost alot more these days it seems like !

work has been busy. had to work both shifts the other day - always tiring. I was supposed to stay even longer for that night (9:00 pm) but, fortunately, the meeting was cancelled-sweet.

I've gotten away from the routine that I had been doing the past 2 or 3 weeks and I am really feeling it. It is amazing to me that when I am not focusing on my routine (prayer, devotions, reading, Mass during the week) I get hooked into work and the problems, stresses and irritations that it brings.

A friend's blog brought me out of my self-indulgent attitude when he wrote about his mother and the end of life issue he and his sister is facing and dealing with right now. I don't have any problems when compared to these family issues. His sharing his process also gave me a new prayer renewal. My heart is with you D.U.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

for the fact that I have been through the loss of my parents for sometime now - time has healed those wounds. It dawned on me that it will be 6 years since my father's passing this December. My, time passes so fast.

for my Precious cat. She brings joy, laughter and lots of love opportunities to me on a daily basis

that I have a remedy for a bad attitude if I will just use it

I am very grateful that tomorrow is Friday

I am extremely grateful and happy for a good day of rain without any flooded streets out here in my neighborhood (not when I was finished I should say)

that my car is fixed. I had to rent a car and I was issued a Chrysler PT Cruiser. Now, I was happy to have wheels and airconditioning but, I would not want to own that model of car

that we (Houston) has skirted another hurricane

for God's Grace. I consider God's patience my salvation today.

Thank YOU

2 comments:

Trailboss said...

I'm glad Dolly didn't come to visit Houston!

dAAve said...

Thanks K.