About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

life safari #48

What a beautiful August 1st.

This morning I am Grateful and Thankful...

to be clean, sober and smoke - free
the "Habit" of staying clean and sober is well ingrained
that I am not trying to kill myself because I can not face my reality
I have many sources to help me live and like my self today
yes, it took some changing of behavior, thoughts, patterns-my AA fellows helped me over the years. I went through uncomfortable "trial and errors" of change to get to "me." My family loved me through it all and applauded my efforts. THANK YOU !
I'm not one of the ones who are stuck "out there" drinking, drugging, stealing and lying and can not get back - We've lost many who give up and choose death. Other's have persevered and had Success
My heart goes out for these people. Lord knows, I messed around for 26 years. Playing, not changing anything, coming in and out.
I am Grateful and Thankful for the time I have put together sober and clean. And, "I" did it with alot of help
Surrender is the key. Belief in the AA Group can get anyone on the road to recovery
Thank YOU

No comments: