About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

What a day I had today. What a day I am going to have later this morning ! I have not been to sleep or even to bed. So, these two days are merging into one long and tiring event.

Because I have had limited sleep the past week, my nerves and feelings are very close to the surface. At the end of my shift, someone caused my anger to get, and keep me irritated to the point that I am still awake. This is going to be a very long day because of my lack of rest.

There is a point of "no return" for me. If I stay awake to a certain time then sleep, all the alarms in the world will not get me up. I passed that point some time ago. Now I just have to struggle through my day tomorrow (later) and keep my eyes open.

I was able to write my boss the things that I need to get out of my head that are upsetting me at work. Now, I can, and have relaxed about them and feel relief. Nothing will change, of course. I know this because the same issues I have had in this garage are still issues today (after 2 1/2 years). Until people have consequences for their actions, nothing changes. And, although there are policies in regards to the garage, building management does not support our efforts to enforce those policies. Therefore, people treat us with disdain and blow us off.

I am Grateful for...

coffee. HOT coffee. Hot coffee with honey and milk, yeah
Precious who sleeps and wakes up and sits with me. Supports and loves me, awesome cat
computers
Amazon.com
Duffy and "Mercie"

I am Thankful for...

if I don't quit or get fired, after tomorrow I will work 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch, SWEET

God's unwarranted LOVE and GRACE

No comments: