About Me

My photo
Houston, Texas, United States
I am a native Houstonian. I have never lived elsewhere. I have had the opportunity to travel over the years. I am a recovering alcoholic. I have one cat who is indoor only.I love coffee very hot, popcorn, sweets, the sound of hummingbirds in flight, the songs of Mockingbirds, chirp of the Cardinals,butterflies, puppy breath, horse breath, the feel and sound of a cat purring (especially mine).

Thursday, September 11, 2008

life safari 09/11/08


When the wind gets heavy, be sure and cover up and stay away from windows !

So much to reflect on today. The horror of the attack on our nation and the devastation to lives from such unthinkable destruction.
God Bless America !
I remember the feeling of "this can not be happening" when I first heard parts of the report on the radio. After tuning in on the television and realizing that this was actually happening, my first response was to get to the noon meeting at Lambda. The room that day was filled to capacity with others who could think of no other place they would rather be to process the horror of what was going on. We had a member who did not know whether her mother was safe - she worked at the Pentagon.

I hold these memories and feelings today. I truly hope and pray that as Americans we never have to try and wrap our minds around something so "unreal" and horrifying again. God help those that are foolish enough to try !

Everyone stay as safe as possible. I pray we will all be safe when Ike passes through.

I am Grateful and Thankful...

that we are not living through the original date of 09/11/2001 today
God's Grace
Precious
safety of my home from the elements
Freedom
friends and loved ones
thank YOU
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

dAAve said...

luv the pic!

Scott W said...

Stay safe. Prayers all around.